Learning, Support & Development
Providing you with the tools to be a successful Foster Carer and effective team member
Fostering a child or a young person is a complex task which requires a positive team ethic. We know that family life can be very demanding and that time is very valuable. It is difficult to fit in all of the things that we need to do every day without adding more to the list. So, here at CCB we have adopted a flexible approach to learning that is able to adapt to you, whilst still providing you with the skills and development opportunities you will need as a registered Foster Carer.
We provide all Foster Carers with membership to FosterTalk and access to their advocacy service - FISS (Foster Carers Independent Support Service)
All Child Care Bureau Foster Carers are provided with 24/7 emergency support and monthly Foster Carer support group meetings
- Legal Expenses Insurance
- Legal Advice
- Accountancy Advice
- Social Work Support
- Counselling Helpline
- Quarterly Magazine
- Education Advisory Service
- Hundreds of Discounts
- Independent Financial Advice
- Independent Medical Advice
Professional Support Package
- Supervising Social Worker to include at least weekly contact.
- Duty back-up system should your allocated Social Worker be unavailable during office hours.
- 24/7 out of hours Social Work service, 365 days per year.
- Monthly supervision visit from your allocated Social Worker.
- CCB representation at relevant child care reviews and meetings.
- Access to our flexible learning and skills development programme.